According to him, it is clear that there is room for improving cooperation, especially in economic and trade relations.
– Bearing in mind the development of Montenegro as a tourist destination, our priority is the continuation of the modernization of the infrastructure in all types of traffic, and there I see opportunities for significant investments – said Ibrahimović.
He also discussed with the interlocutors energy, as an important topic, which is dealt with by all countries, regardless of size or economic strength.
He also presented a series of activities on harmonizing the legal framework and strategic documents and plans in that area, which will enable foreign investors to plan the investment of their capital in development projects in the field of renewable energy sources more simply and with clear procedures.
He stated that Montenegro has great potential in the field of wind, hydro and solar potential.
– With a good business environment and support from institutions, all credible foreign investors are welcome – said Ibrahimović.
He said that the UK is successfully implementing the “green transition” and added that he believes that the experience and practical knowledge of experts would be very useful for the Montenegrin administration in the future.
Speaking about the trade agreement between the UK and Montenegro, Ibrahimović pointed out the importance of that document as a starting point for stronger cooperation between the two countries. He stated that this can contribute to the development of economic and trade exchange, because, as he said, there is certainly potential.
– The tourism potential of the north of Montenegro is also a valuable potential that should be given special attention and provide investors with an insight into the projects that need to be developed – said Ibrahimović.
He stated that the construction of ski centers in several locations is in a certain stage of implementation. Ibrahimović said that there is room for serious foreign investors to build luxury hotel complexes.
– And with excellent conditions for the production of organic food, there is an opportunity to create an attractive tourist product – concluded Ibrahimović.
Barton emphasized that the UK highly values its partnership with Montenegro.
– We see great opportunities for stronger trade and investment between the UK and Montenegro – said Barton.
Maddox pointed out that the meeting was an important opportunity to express expectations to move forward with a bilateral trade agreement between the two countries at the right time.
As she stated, the UK has significant experience in infrastructure development, including transport and renewable energy, local media reports.