The Noblewood Adriatic factory, which will produce Beluga Montenegro vodka in Nikšić, will be opened in the second half of March. It is planned that the factory in Nikšić packs around 30 million bottles per year, and the investment itself is worth around EUR 25 million. The expected annual export value is EUR 500 million. According to announcements, 200 people will be employed in the factory immediately.
This was announced after the meeting of Prime Minister Dritan Abazović with Aleksander Macetin, investor and founder of Noblewood Adriatic.
Acquainting Prime Minister Abazović with the facts regarding the opening of the factory, the investor stated that the opening is planned for March 21.
– The factory will produce vodka that will be exported to all world markets, except for Russia, which is covered by domestic production. Macetin pointed out that Beluga vodka is one of the 10 best-selling and best-known vodka brands in the world, with an annual turnover of around EUR 1.5 billion – according to the announcement
The Investor pointed out that the factory will initially employ over 200 workers, with a tendency to grow by several hundred in the next two years. It is planned to open a representative office of the company in Tivat at the same time, which will be focused on marketing and trade
Abazović expressed his satisfaction that Montenegro is becoming a new base for the production and export of the world-famous Beluga vodka, stressing in particular the importance it will have for our economy, but also for the promotion of the country by the very fact that the country’s name will be in the brand name.
He reiterated that the Government remains open to all healthy foreign investments and will continue to work with the goal of opening new plants throughout the country that will generate new jobs for our citizens.
Abazović announced this investment at the Government session.
– Vodka will be produced in Nikšić, which will go from Montenegro to all countries of the world. The company has a factory that is special only for Russia, and the factory in Montenegro has the ambition to develop exports for the whole world under the Beluga Montenegro brand. The factory will immediately employ 200 workers, while by 2025 that number will increase to 400 – said Abazović.
He added that 50 workers will also be employed in Tivat, and that they will deal with marketing and sales, that is, those activities that are not directly related to sales.
– The factory in Nikšić will carry out production related to the production currently carried out in Latvia. Beluga is the fourth most famous brand of vodka in the world, and the eighth best selling. Eighth because it is the most expensive, the cheapest bottle of this drink costs 40 EUR on average, and there are also those that are sold for 7,000 EUR – said the Prime Minister.
The opening of this factory Is of great importance for Montenegro, said Abazović.
– This is one of the most famous brands in the world, which is offered in almost all free shops at the world’s major airports. I think it’s a really big deal for us that the name of our country will be right below the brand name – said Abazović.
Works on the factory are in the final phase and the opening will most likely be on March 21.
– The capacity of the factory will be 6,000 bottles per hour. It may not work at full capacity at the very start, but the fact that the majority of production, perhaps even 99%, will be export-oriented, is a huge thing for our country and economy – concluded Abazović.
Let us remind you that the owner of the Beluga brand, Aleksandar Mečetin, bought part of the Nikšić company Nexan last year, and then it was announced that the facilities in Nikšić will produce strong drinks, vodka, gin, liqueur and rum.