The Latvian national airline Air Baltic is establishing a direct route between Riga and Tivat this year, for which there is already great interest among tourists, the National Tourism Organization announced. From May 4 to September 28, the company will have two flights a week, on Wednesdays and Sundays.
As announced, the National Tourism Organization of Montenegro is presenting its tourist offer for the first time this year at the Balttour tourism fair in Riga, in the period ending on February 5.
It Is one of the most significant events when it comes to the markets of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia, which gathered around 900 exhibitors from 30 world destinations, 5,000 tourism professionals from the Baltic countries and over 30,000 visitors.
The honorary consul of our country in Latvia, Helena Ruduša, said that she is happy that Montenegro is finally participating in this fair because there is great interest in Montenegro.
– The country is beautiful, and the people of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia who visit today’s fair can feel and see the beauty of Montenegro, which offers various opportunities to visitors. This will especially come to the fore this summer, because the Riga-Tivat airline line is waiting for us from May – said Ruduša.
On the first day of the fair, the national air carrier of Latvia, Air Baltic, organized an event where new airlines were presented. Among them is a direct flight between Riga and Tivat in the period from May 4 to September 28 (twice a week: Thursdays and Sundays). This was an opportunity for the Montenegrin delegation to additionally promote our country during a short presentation.
Great interest was also confirmed by the regional manager of the national airline of Latvia, Air Baltic, Maria Radchenko.
– We are very happy about the new airline line from Riga to Montenegro, which will be implemented from May to October, twice a week. Users of our flights will be able to enjoy the beauty of Montenegro, and in addition to them, this air route will be used by tourists from Scandinavia and other parts of Europe, in order to discover the numerous opportunities that this destination offers – said Radchenko.
During the three days of the fair, the National Tourism Organization of Montenegro and other tourism entities presented Montenegro as an attractive year-round destination, and numerous authentic Montenegrin products were on display.
The strategic partner of NTO, the Gold Travel agency, has positive impressions from the first day of this fair, and the representative of the agency, Enis Cikotić, said that the extension of the Riga Tivat airline line throughout the year would have an excellent effect on the Montenegrin economy.
– Our agency is participating in the Baltur fair in Riga for the first time this year, and we can see that the interest is really high. We believe that in addition to the great interest in the summer tourist season, there is also interest in activities throughout the year, which we as an agency offer. I can say that we have prepared well, and that we can meet the demands of people who plan to visit Montenegro, and I expect that all these activities and the direct connection to Montenegro will bring good results and a successful season – said Cikotić.
Local tourism organizations are extremely satisfied with their participation in the fair, and TO Ulcinj said that they hope for a good visit of Ulcinj by tourists from the Baltic States.
– It is important to point out that all the most important Baltic tourist agencies have gathered here. As for the Municipality of Ulcinj, we made a lot of contacts and exchanged experiences. Tour operators from these areas stayed in Ulcinj in September, and today we renewed those acquaintances, and this will surely have a positive effect on the next season – pointed out the director of TO Ulcinj, Ćazim Hodžić.
The representative of NTO Montenegro, Svetlana Tomković, said that in order to further promote various segments of the Montenegrin tourism offer on this market, NTO Montenegro will already be conducting a study visit of tour operators from the Baltic countries in the middle of February.
– The fair is actually a continuation of our promotional activities. At the end of last year, we already had a group of tour operators from the Baltic countries, and they were delighted with Montenegro’s offer, and wanted to come to us again. On that occasion, they got to know our coast, while now they can get to know the central and northern part of Montenegro. Activities will continue throughout the year, all with the aim of increasing the visibility of the destination on these emitting sites, as well as increasing tourist traffic – concluded Tomković.
The fact that, according to the data of the Monstat Directorate for Statistics, during the first 11 months of the previous year, there were almost twice as many tourists from Latvia compared to the same period in 2021 proves the growing trends for the offer of Montenegro by tourists from this market. It is expected that the launch of a direct airline this year will contribute to the generation of even more tourist traffic from this market.
At the Montenegrin stand, the offer was presented by the strategic partners of the NTO CG Budvanska Riviera Hotel Group and the Gold Travel tourist agency, as well as the local tourist organizations of Podgorica and Ulcinj, as well as the R Tours tourist agency, the Park, Huma, Stara Čaršija hotels and the Montenegro Stars hotel group.