The President of the Municipality of Kotor, Vladimir Jokić, said that this summer season, citizens will certainly ride the Kotor – Lovćen cable car. He believes that this is an important project, which will map Kotor as an important tourist center.
– The cable car has been waiting for almost two decades, and it is a story that people did not believe. I can say with certainty that citizens will ride the cable car this summer. This means that it will be opened before or during the tourist season – announced Jokić in the Mreža show on TVCG.
According to him, the opening itself will be spectacular and a source of pride for all of Montenegro.
– All the works that are being carried out have been brought to an end and the cabins have come out of production, it will be a serious tourist attraction for both Kotor and Montenegro. This is one of the rare situations in history in the past three decades that the concession given by the state bore fruit and it is something that should be a model for other investments as well – said Jokić.
According to him, the cable car goes from 65 meters above sea level to over 3,000 meters above sea level.
– The way Boka and Lovćen unfold before you will not leave anyone indifferent. The cable car is a fantastic addition to the tourist offer of Kotor and will contribute to the recognition of Montenegro – says Jokić.
Speaking about the ferry line Kamenari – Lepetane, Jokić said that he expects all six ferries to be put into traffic by the summer season, as this is a prerequisite for the normal functioning of Kotoran.
– The Government’s decision is legitimate, and what concerns me today is the fact that the new ferry was put into service. I hope that the announcements that six ferries will be put into service by the beginning of the season will come true. Because it is a prerequisite for normal functioning in Kotor. Because you go through the center of Kotor, and if a new traffic attack were to hit our city, it would be problematic, and I hope that new vessels will be acquired – says Jokić.
He said that traffic jams are the biggest problem for the functioning of Kotor.
– The main problem is traffic jams, which makes everyday life in Kotor quite difficult. We are currently working on a plan for new traffic regulation in the inner city, so that the space would be even more fluid. We expect that project to be finished and to begin its reconnaissance. The idea is that the problematic points mapped by the experts will be marked with smart traffic lights based on the principle of IT technology, which will give a lower or higher throughput through an algorithm… I believe that we can already feel the first effects of this plan in mid-June. It is not possible to solve, but we can alleviate the problem – said Jokić.
Speaking about the budget for the current year, Jokić said that the local government has no debts.
– We adopted a budget of EUR 29 million, and we will have money for everything we planned to do. Work has begun on the water infrastructure in Donje Grblje, which is one of the biggest tourist potentials of Montenegro. We are preparing for the reconstruction of the city stadium for next year. The projects are being judged, and a decision will be made. After that, together with FSCG, we will enter into the implementation. Work is underway to build a new city park. The first theater for children and young people in Montenegro will be established – announced Jokić.