In the next few years, Ulcinj could get three five-star hotels. The construction of Galeb hotel is already certain, the signing of the annex for the Adriatic is expected, and there is also a plan to build a new Otrant. In addition, works are also underway on the Mediteran Hotel, which, in addition to the renovated villas, will also receive a tower that will be built next to the existing central building.
This was announced by Prime Minister Dritan Abazović during his visit to Ulcinj.
As he said, visiting the location of the future Galeb Hotel, it is expected that this investment will be completed in about three years.
– It cannot be earlier, given that it is a huge building. It will be a prestigious five-star hotel, which will probably be operated by one of the most prestigious brands in the world. It will have around 400 rooms and all the stories that apartments will be built here are completely false – said Abazović.
As he stated, he made a huge effort to change the owner of the hotel.
– That happened and I believe that by the end of this year we will finish all administrative matters, so that the construction works can begin. Our obligation as the Government is to resolve all administrative obstacles in order to realize this project, he said.
Negotiations with hotel operators and restaurant chains are ongoing
Jelena Damjanović, representative of the Sunny Palace company that will build the Galeb hotel, said that six months ago, after paying the market value of the land, they became the owners of the location.
– With that, we took on the obligation of the previous owner to invest more than EUR 15 million in the construction of a new hotel. Our plan is for the Galeb hotel to be one of the most prestigious and largest 5* hotels on the Montenegrin coast, with all the facilities that such a renowned hotel should have – she stated.
At the moment, she pointed out, they are in negotiations with a large number of international hotel operators.
– Also, we are negotiating with a number of international restaurant chains that are interested in coming to Ulcinj and fully making a new contribution to the offer of this city. I believe that this investment of ours will encourage other investors to come and invest in Ulcinj and thus enrich the tourist offer and restore the old glory to the city, which certainly deserves it – said Damjanović.
Abazović stated that the investments do not end there, as they are very close to reaching an agreement for signing the annex for the Hotel Jadran.
– This is another 30-year-old problem, and the hotel is located in a perhaps even more beautiful location. There should also be a prestigious hotel of a smaller size, but also with five stars, and I believe that we are on the verge of solving that problem – added Abazović. He announced that the new Otrant should be built, which will also have five stars.
– The hotel will have other facilities, i.e. villas, and will probably function according to the condo business model, it will be very beautiful and interesting. It is a project that I expect to present within the next 30 days at the latest. These investments open up a completely different perspective for Ulcinj, and these three facilities alone will generate a total of around 1,000 new jobs – said Abazović.
Speaking about the Mediterranean, the Prime Minister said that their investment cycle is running faster than planned.
– All the villas will be ready for this season, and we are finishing the obstacles they had to build the tower that will be an integral part of the hotel and which will be built next to the central building of the Mediteran Hotel – he concluded.